Q1.2: comp.speech ftp site
Tony Robinson maintains the comp.speech ftp site. The ftp site is a comprehensive repository of software and information related to speech technology. The site is
The comp.speech ftp site provides full archives of the comp.speech newsgroup dating back to the creation of the group in 1991. The postings are stored in the order in which they arrive. Batches
of 1000 articles are grouped into gzip'ed tar file. Matching files
listing the subjects are also provided.
Software and Other Resources
The comp.speech ftp site includes a wide range of useful software and resources. Tony has arranged it into a series of sub-directories:
- /analysis : Speech analysis software
- FFT code, a pitch tracker, RASTA code, and IEEE DSP code.
- /auditory : Auditory model software
- AIM, Auditory Toolbox and Lutear.
- /coding : Speech coding software
- ADPCM, CELP 3.2a, G711, G721, G723, GSM, LDCELP, LPC10, Shorten.
- /data : Repository for (small) speech-related databases
- BEEP, CMUDict, Homophone list, hVd database, Peterson Barney database
- /dictionaries : Phonetic dictionaries
- BEEP, CMUDict, CUVOALD, Homophone list, MRC database
- /info : Key postings to comp.speech archives by subject
- Lots of interesting info!
- /recognition : Speech recognition software
- AbbotDemo, Ears, Lotec, recnet, sound blaster recognition, whistle
- /simtel_sound : Mirror of the simtel/msdos/sound directory
- Range of useful software
- /simtel_voice : Mirror of the simtel/msdos/voice directory
- Another range of useful software
- /synthesis : Speech synthesis software
- Klatt synthesis software, Klatt parameter editor and rsynth.
- /tools : Miscelaneous tools
- Part-of-speech tagger, OGI speech tools, sox audio file format conversion, SPHERE software and more.
Section 1 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 01:52 12-Apr-1996