Gerhard Reitmayr - Curriculum vitae
Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Gerhard Reitmayr
Born 25.11.1974 in Vienna, Austria
CB1 2PZ Cambridge, UK
email: gr281 at cam.ac.uk
- 1981-1985: Primary School (Volksschule) at the Schulzentrum Maria Enzersdorf (SMZ), Maria Enzersdorft, Austria
- 1985-1993: Secondary School (Gymnasium) at the Bundesgymnasium Bachgasse and Bundesrealgymnasium Keimgasse (focus on mathematics and science), Mödling, Austria
- 1990-1993: Participation in the Austrian Mathematics Olympiad on a national level
- June 1993: Graduation (Matura) from the Bundesrealgymnasium Keimgasse with highest distinction
- 1993-1999: Studies in engineering mathematics at the Vienna University of Technology
- 1998: Spending a term at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (European exchange stipend)
- January 2000: Graduation "Diplom-Ingenieur der Technischen Mathematik" from the Vienna University of Technology with highest distinction
Thesis title "Changing Stability of the Closed loop System by Modifying the Cost Function"
- 2000-2004: Doctoral program in computer science at the Vienna University of Technology
- June 2004: PhD Graduation "Doktor der technischen Wissenschaften" with highest distinction.
Thesis title "On Software Design for Augmented Reality"
- 1996: The Red Cross for one year
of social service in Mödling, Austria
worked as paramedic and ambulance driver
- 1997: Teaching assistant at Vienna University of
supervision and demonstration for general mathematics course including linear algebra, calculus, probability theory, geometry
- 1998: Co-founder of company "Geometrek Ltd." focusing on
VRML development and consulting
developed DeepMatrix, a web-based multi-user virtual environment in Java and VRML.
- 1998-2000: Part time work for uma information technology
development of user interfaces, database connections and multi-user applications for web-based 3D visualisations.
- 2000-2001: Part time work for EU project WebSET at uma
information technology AG.
development of a web-based, distributed virtual environments for surgical training simulator tools.
- 2000-2005: Research assistant at Vienna University of
developing mobile, multi-user augmented reality applications. Maintenance of a large augmented reality software project - Studierstube.
- 2005-present: Research associate at the engineering
department of Cambridge University.
investigating computer vision methods for robust tracking, localisation and interaction for augmented reality applications.
Courses held at the Vienna University of Technology:
- 1997: Teaching assistant on "mathematics for geodesy 1 & 2 " (general calculus and linear algebra courses)
- 2001-2002: Teaching assistant on "Computer graphics 2", "Computer graphics 3 "
- 2001-2002: Teaching assistant on "Virtual Reality lab "
- 2003-2005: Lecturer on "Virtual reality lab "
- Student projects, diploma thesis projects at Vienna University of Technology
- Demonstration and marking for 3F6 Software Engineering and Design, CUED, Lent term 2006
- Supervisor for 3F6 Software Engineering and Design, CUED, Lent term 2007
- Supervisor for IB Engineering Paper 6 (linear control, signal processing) and 7 (vector calculus, linear algebra), St. Catharine's College, 2007/08
- Supervisor for IA Engineering Paper 4 (mathematical methods), St. Catharine's College, 2008/09
- Best paper award as IEEE ISMAR 2008 (2nd co-author)
Reviewing for IEEE VR, ACM Multimedia, IEEE ISMAR, IEEE ISWC, IEEE I3D, IEEE UIST, ACM VRST, ACM CHI
Program committee for IEEE ISMAR
Local arrangements chair of IEEE ISMAR 2008 in Cambridge, UK
Member of the IEEE Computer Society.
- Computer Languages:
- C/C++, Java, Python, VRML, HTML, XML, XSLT, XPATH, UML
- Operating Systems:
- Win2000/XP, SGI IRIX 6.x, Linux, OpenBSD, Mac OS X
- Graphics APIs:
- Open Inventor, VRML, OpenGL
- Maple, LaTeX, Matlab, MS Office, UML tools, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Corel Draw