- In 2005 I graduated from the University of Pretoria (South Africa) with a B.Eng in Computer Engineering.
- I went on to read for the M.Phil in Computer Speech, Text and Internet Technology at Cambridge University in 2006/2007.
- Between 2007 and 2009 I worked in industry as an embedded software engineer/project engineer for an electronic system design house in South Africa.
- I have been a PhD student since October 2009 under the supervision of Prof. Phil Woodland in the Speech Group of the Cambridge University Engineering Department.
- Large vocabulary speech recognition
- Confidence estimation
- Spoken term detection (keyword spotting)
- Novel acoustic modelling approaches
- Machine learning
- Demonstrator for CSTIT M.Phil course 2009-2010
- Supervisor for 3rd year engineering module 3F1 "Signals and Systems" (Michaelmas 2010 & 2011)
- Supervisor for 3rd year engineering module 3F3 "Signal & Pattern Processing" (Lent 2011)