Stradview version history
6.16, 15th June 2021
- When importing a surface, the 'Every frame' slider in the draw task page is now used to determine whether to create cross-sections in all frames, or to generate a less dense set of contours which skips some frames.
6.15, 22nd April 2021
- It is now possible to include additional sub-structure models within the loaded shape model. These can be registered to the current data via an RBF based on the shape model fit.
- Surface landmarks and curves, which were already stored in .ply files, are now also loaded in when importing objects.
6.14, 12th February 2021
- Surfaces and landmarks in the 3D display were incorrectly coloured with some Linux display drivers. This has now been fixed.
- Added a new experimental option 'Continuous inner/outer densities' in CBM. Disabling this may estimate trabecular density more accurately.
- Added a new How-To on fitting shape-models to thresholded data.
6.13, 19th November 2020
- Compressed DICOM images loaded directly from DICOM files had been displaying as black, from version 6.07: this has now been fixed.
6.12, 12th November 2020
- Shape models now include initial positioning by using two landmarks and a manual rotation.
- The information when writing textual or CSV files from objects now also includes the minima and maxima within each object or contour, as well as the average data values.
- For 16-bit data, for instance from CT, the threshold sliders in the draw task page now also show the threshold value in the data units, as well as in the 8-bit display values.
- Stradview can now load special TIFF files created with wxDicom, with Refined Metal Artifact Reduction (RMAR) applied. These files are created by wxDicom when the original DICOM data is in a compressed format, and include 3D location and windowing settings.
- A bug which allowed the scrollwheel to zoom to negative values has now been fixed.
- More fixes related to the loss of paint events when drawing with GTK3 on Linux.
6.11, 6th October 2020
- Stradview can now load a partial data set if there is not sufficient memory to load the entire data set.
- A dialog is now shown if the DICOM windowing or filtering is taking a long time, for instance if changing parameters when a reslice image is showing.
- Now recognises the QRM 6-insert Bone Density HA phantom.
- Some NRRD data in compressed format can now be imported.
- A bug which caused some DICOM data not to load correctly has now been fixed.
6.1, 10th September 2020
- Added extensive How-Tos in documentation which give advice on typical Stradview tasks and how best to go about them.
- Added this version history to the main Stradview documentation. This automatically displays the first few times Stradview is run after downloading.
- Added new 'check for updates' and 'online pages' options to the 'help' menu.
- Stradview no longer expires after one year, but will instead prompt you to download a new version.
- Included a new shape model for the talus bone in the foot.
- When saving the surface of a segmented object, the file name now defaults to the name of the object.
- Corrected an error in the small icon for image flipping which prevented it from displaying.
- Fixed incorrect task and visual page selection on GTK Linux when clicking on notebook arrows.
6.08, 31st July 2020
- Frame slider re-sizes correctly on loading data.
- Fixed error in image scales when exporting data originally loaded in HDR or NRRD formats.
- x64 Windows release can now correctly load very large data sets.
- GTK Linux release now updated to GTK version 3.0.
- Can now load DICOM files with incorrect internal use of 'undefined length'.
- Open directory now also considers image scale when comparing files.
- Fixed crash when measuring thickness by comparing surfaces.
6.07, 18th May 2020
- Now able to save the surface as a NIFTI file when using SAVE_CURRENT_SURFACE in a script.
- Both middle and right mouse buttons pan the data when using the normal (drag) tool.
- Can now load 16-bit DICOM data in compressed, signed format with correct DICOM offset values.
6.06, 28th April 2020
- Work-around implemented for issues with graphics drivers displaying the image in the wrong place when using scroll bars. Stradview should now always work using scroll bars, though the new option implemented in 6.04 gives more screen space to the images.
6.05, 22nd April 2020
- Loading of DICOM files is now more reliable
6.04, 17th February 2020
- Resliced image data can now be cropped to the outside, as well as the inside, of created surfaces
- A new GUI config option allows scroll bars to be disabled in image and 3D windows. Panning is then achieved using the right mouse button. This should fix occasional issues with faulty graphics drivers, as well as giving more screen space to the zoomed images
- 'g' key now controls visualisation of centres of mass and scrolling in image windows (as well as 3D window), as per documentation
6.03, 29th November 2019
- Much improved initialisation of inner and outer edges in CBM which results in more consistent assessment of bone cortices which are closer together
- Documentation from 6.01 onwards now up to date.
- Check for a non-existant outer edge in CBM was not always removing un-necessary edges, now fixed
6.02, 22nd November 2019
- Experimental feature which changes normal direction before doing CBM
- Outlier rejection in CBM is now part of the data smoothing (rather than surface smoothing) and can be visualised in real time on the surface
- Now possible to visual the CBM surface offset from the original surface, which makes outliers more obvious
- Thickness measurements by comparing surfaces now faster by more than 50x
- Fixed bug in CBM v2 (or when using 'post-correct density for blur') which affected measurements in the case of a denser outlying bone, eg. on the femur close to the acetabulum
- Removed apparent pause when running CBM on a very detailed surface with lots of points
- Now reports smoothed CBM values with an offset correctly when clicking on a 3D surface
6.01, 22nd October 2019
- This contains the data for an additional Image Analysis Solid HA QCT phantom
- Scripts can now find and load stradwin files correctly
- An error with mouse interaction with the windows when dynamically changing the mouse tool has been fixed
6.0, 13th September 2019
This was the original released version of Stradview, created from Stradwin version 6.0.