Background - Research - Publications - Teaching Position: PhD Student E-mail: jhh37 [at] cam.ac.uk Office Location: BN4-80 Prof. Roberto Cipolla, Dr Andrew Fitzgibbon and Dr Christopher Zach. My study has been generously funded by Microsoft Research and Toshiba Research Europe.
- Bundle adjustment
- Low-rank matrix factorization problems with missing data
- Non-rigid structure-from-motion
- July - Oct 2015: I worked at Toshiba Research Europe as a research intern for 13 weeks under the guidance of Dr Christopher Zach working on bundle adjustment.
- July - Oct 2014: I interned at Microsoft Research Cambridge for 12 weeks under the guidance of Dr Andrew Fitzgibbon, working on the problem of low-rank matrix factorization with missing data.
- Projective Bundle Adjustment from Random Initialization using the Variable Projection Method
J. H. Hong, C. Zach, A. W. Fitzgibbon and R. Cipolla (2016)
In Proceedings of the 2016 European Conference on Computer Vision ( ECCV), to appear.
[ Paper ] [ Supplementary document ] [ Code ] [ Poster ]
- Secrets of Matrix Factorization: Approximations, Numerics, Manifold Optimization and Random Restarts
J. H. Hong and A. W. Fitzgibbon (2015)
In Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 4130--4138
[ Paper ] [ Supplementary document ] [ Code ] [ Video ] [ Poster ]
- Bayesian Error Propagation for a Kinetic Model of n-Propylbenzene Oxidation in a Shock Tube
S. Mosbach, J. H. Hong, G. P. E. Brownbridge, M. Kraft, S. Gudiyella, and K. Brezinsky (2014)
International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 46(7):389--404
- Part 2B 4F13 Machine Learning (2015)
- Part 2A 3M1 Mathematical Methods (2015, 2016)
- Part 2A 3F1 Signals and Systems (2015)
- Part 2A 3F3 Signal and Pattern Processing (2015)
- Part 2A SF2 Image Processing (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Part 2A 3F6 Object-oriented Programming (2015, 2016)
- Part 1B Computing (C++) (2015, 2016)
- Part 1B Computing (MATLAB) (2014, 2015)
- Part 1A Microprocessors (2014)