Background - Research - Publications - Teaching Position: PhD Student E-mail: jhh37 [at] cam.ac.uk Office Location: BN4-80 Prof. Roberto Cipolla, Dr Andrew Fitzgibbon and Dr Christopher Zach. My study has been generously funded by Microsoft Research and Toshiba Research Europe.
- Bundle adjustment
- Low-rank matrix factorization problems with missing data
- Non-rigid structure-from-motion
- July - Oct 2015: I worked at Toshiba Research Europe as a research intern for 13 weeks under the guidance of Dr Christopher Zach working on bundle adjustment.
- July - Oct 2014: I interned at Microsoft Research Cambridge for 12 weeks under the guidance of Dr Andrew Fitzgibbon, working on the problem of low-rank matrix factorization with missing data.
- Secrets of Matrix Factorization: Approximations, Numerics, Manifold Optimization and Random Restarts
J. H. Hong and A. W. Fitzgibbon (2015)
In Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 4130--4138
[ Paper ] [ Supplementary document ] [ Code ] [ Video ] [ Poster ]
- Bayesian Error Propagation for a Kinetic Model of n-Propylbenzene Oxidation in a Shock Tube
S. Mosbach, J. H. Hong, G. P. E. Brownbridge, M. Kraft, S. Gudiyella, and K. Brezinsky (2014)
International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 46(7):389--404
- Part 2B 4F13 Machine Learning (2015)
- Part 2A 3M1 Mathematical Methods (2015, 2016)
- Part 2A 3F1 Signals and Systems (2015)
- Part 2A 3F3 Signal and Pattern Processing (2015)
- Part 2A 3F6 Object-oriented Programming (2015, 2016)
- Part 1B Computing (C++) (2015, 2016)
- Part 1B Computing (MATLAB) (2014, 2015)
- Part 2A SF2 Image Processing (2014, 2015)
- Part 1A Microprocessors (2014)